Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soilent_green

Strawberry Plants - Plant Exchange

soilent_green
12 years ago

I have around 50 strawberry plants (Junebearing variety "Winona") transplanted into individual pots and growing nicely. I was wondering if there is any interest in them I will bring some along to zenpotter's plant exchange. Nobody needs to commit - just wondering of any interest or how many I should bring along. I assume people would want to take multiples of five or six plants which is fine with me.

The variety is good, not great. My honest opinion is that I feel the U of MN missed the mark a bit regarding this variety. Hasn't been a big producer for me (and others) but I do get large, nice quality berries that have good flavor on healthy, very winter-hardy plants that are very disease resistant. As a result my potted plants are disease-free planting stock as well. Maybe you would have better success regarding production.

I am experimenting with different growing methods and bed layouts and locations to see if I can improve production. I think fertilizing with a low-nitrogen fertilizer would definitely help, and I have started doing this.

LMK of any interest in these plants.

Thanks,

-Tom

Comments (4)

Sponsored