Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_yfingernails

tragedy

dirt_yfingernails
17 years ago

My daughter's best friend/roommate has had some tragic news. In Bullhead City AZ, a week ago, he lost his only family. Stephen's cousin and her mother were stabbed to death by her husband, whom she was trying to divorce. Then he decapitated their puppies because they were making too much noise.

Stephen saved my daughter Katie's life a couple of years ago. She had developed an abcess from a staph infection following chemo treatment. With directions from a 911 operator, he lanced the abcess and then carried her to the emergency room. She spent several months in the hospital and several more in recuperation.

These kids are going to college, he for graphic arts and she for forensic science. Fiercely independent, they won't ask for nor accept help, but have gone hungry, used soup kitchens, walked 10 miles to work for months when without a car. Now they face $12,000 debt to bury their family. I'm so heartbroken for both of them, and I owe poor Stephen so much.

I might add that Katie probably saved Stephens life first. He had a Native American father who abandoned him when he was quite young. Stephen lived with his white mother and grandparents who abused him because he was half NA. When a teenager, Stephen worked to support his family who took all his money, didnÂt let him eat, and made him sleep on the floor. When Katie met him, he probably weighed just a little over one hundred pounds. I will try to get in touch with Katie to get the name of the funeral home, but itÂs difficult because she has just a pre-paid cell phone, doesnÂt always have it turned on, and has very bad reception. I have inquiries to a funeral home and the chief of police to find out which funeral home is handling things.

Suspect in two murders faces camera

By JIM SECKLER/The Daily News

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:17 PM PDT

KINGMAN - A Bullhead City man charged with two counts of first-degree murder, made his initial appearance in Bullhead City Justice Court Wednesday.

Ari Benjamin Feinner, 43, accused of stabbing his wife and mother-in-law in a Bullhead City mobile home Tuesday, made his initial appearance by video conferencing from the county jail.

Judge Thomas Brady also ordered Feinner held without bond. His next appearance, a preliminary hearing, is scheduled for April 13 in Justice Court but his case may be transferred to Superior Court before then.

According to the county attorney's office, Feinner was not on this week's indictment list before the county grand jury, which convenes every Thursday.

Feinner is charged with stabbing his 27-year-old estranged wife, Veronica Feinner and her wheelchair-bound mother, Marie Zavala, at their home in the 3000 block of Larkwood Avenue.

He allegedly grabbed a hunting knife and stabbed his wife sevral times after an argument over a pending divorce.

The couple was married in December 2005.

When his 67-year-old mother-in-law attempted to intervene, Feinner allegedly stabbed her several times. He also killed two family dogs. He then telephoned his sister and told her what he had done. She called police.

Feinner was arrested and charged with aggravated assault in December 2002 for running another man over with his 1986 Chevrolet Nova near Oak Place and Oak Avenue. The victim suffered serious injuries to the victim's ankle and shoulder.

He pleaded guilty to endangerment in March 2003 and was sentenced a month later to 75 days in jail and three years probation. He was also ordered to pay more than $26,900 in restitution to the victim.

Feinner was also arrested in 2004 for allegedly assaulting his then girlfriend but no charges were filed.

Sponsored