Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FREEZE on the way!!!

Posted by maidofshade 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 16:03

I have several containers of winter sown sprouts and some are annuals. What to do with them now that COLD is on the way? Round them up and place Plastic over them?? What do you do? I am new to this and first year sower. HELP!!!
Cheryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FREEZE on the way!!!

Well after my li'l Apr1st joke I was outside this evening and decided that my little ole garden shed could hold a few of my containers with some 1" high and new sprouts. I have 6 or 7 plastic containers in one of those plastic under the bed storage bins with a top sitting on a bench. I hate to move it so I went to my straw bin and covered it. I also covered a few daffordils and some newly emerging strawberry plants with the straw. Tomorrow I might spread some wet leaves back on some areas although I don't have much out yet. Most is still in seed trays and hasn't even made it to the back porch yet. Minnesota=state of extremes, you gotta love it to stay here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here