Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do about MOLES!

Posted by doucanoe MN 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 1, 10 at 16:28

Yikes, they woke up in full force! They are literally taking over my yard.

Any Tried & True methods for getting rid of them? My neighbor read somewhere that if you put chewed up Juicy Fruit gum in their burrows it will kill them. Says they have no salivary glands so when they eat it they can't chew/digest it. Anyone know if this is true or not?

I really need to nip this in the bud.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do about MOLES!

I heard the same thing about chewed up Juicy Fruit. I did try it but don't think it ever helped. The only thing I have found to work was trapping, but my mom has used those worm poisons and loves them. I can't remember exactly what they are called, but will check with her. They say you need to get on top of them before the babies are born in the spring. Good luck!

o

Here is a link that may be helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moles

o

Very interesting info in that link, Hostaholic. Thank you!

I used the wormy things, and I also bought some stuff from Gardens Alive that I hope will help.

I guess time will tell.....

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here