Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Plant swap. Thank you!

jel48
12 years ago

Thank you for host(ess)ing another great swap, Pauline! It was a cold day but a lot of fun, with old friends and new! We're already looking forward to the next time!

Comments (9)

• zenpotter
    12 years ago

I agree it was a great swap.

• may8
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for hosting again and again! we really appreciate it. It was such a great swap and so many new and old friends. I enjoyed the plants, the food and, of course, the good company. Thanks again, Zenpotter!

• tammymn
    11 years ago

HI Pauline,
    Thanks again for hosting. Eventhough it was cold it was well worth it. Glad there are so many new faces. I will be hosting in the fall out in Woodbury. You will be able to see my 2 year old pond. Tammy

• soilent_green
    11 years ago

Pauline, thanks again for hosting this event. To me it was as much fun putting faces to GW nicknames as it was to get some new and interesting plant varieties.

Best of luck to all with their new plants. If anyone has any questions regarding plants received from me feel free to email me through GW and I will help as best I can.

-Tom

P.S. Someone lost a tag for one of my plants in a small square pot. If they are wondering the plant is Ranunculus acris 'Flore Pleno' (Double Meadow Buttercup). I think you will enjoy this plant - it is not all that common and it is one of my favorites.

• zenpotter
    11 years ago

Thank you one and all for letting me have first pick. My husband did a rough count and got 26 people. We gardeners really are a hardy group.

Tammy, I am so glad we will get to see your pond and the rest of your garden this fall.

Tom thank you for the planter.

I had one frustration after everyone left. There are several people who seem to think that it is ok to walk there dogs off leash. Well one such dog was chasing a rabbit, jumped the fence around my veggie garden where my winter sowing resides. The dog managed to run in circles inside the fence and tear up much of what was in there. Boy did it's owner get a chewing out. More like chewing up and spit out. That is where I was storing my plants for the exchange. At least they were spared.

In spite of that it was a great day.

• doucanoe
    11 years ago

Yes, thank you, Pauline for hosting another swap! It was a great time in spite of the cold.

(They say shivering burns lots of calories so I am sure I must have lost at least a couple of pounds yesterday! LOL)

Great to meet so many new people and get some new plants too!

Linda

• zenpotter
    11 years ago

Yesterday a couple of people asked about rooting coleus. I took a workshop where I learned a great way. We used trays that were about 2" deep and 8 x 12". You fill it half way with Perlite, water to the top of the perlite, and cover with plastic wrap. Use string or what ever to hold the plastic wrap in place, punch holes in the plastic with a chopstick and then put the leaves through the holes and into the water. The wrap holds them in place and all you need to do is make sure you keep water in the pan. It is fast and easy.

• spacetogrow
    11 years ago

Thank you to Pauline for your gracious hosting. Best of luck with your poor, torn-up plants!

Thanks also to everyone for sharing your fun stuff.

• Julie
    11 years ago

Oh HO!
    I love the coleus (and might I add any plant that will root from the leaves) cutting tip Pauline!!
    What a wonderful soil-less way to root plants- very handy to eliminate molds- bugs and other disasters that soil and plain old moisture can create! I usually place the whole container in a clear bag...
    I can't wait to try it!! I think I will try a little bottom heat and use a dark plastic to aid root development along. Some roots don't like light...

Thanks again for hosting! It is always great to see you, your home and gardens!

Sponsored