Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mn

Swaps of 2009

Julie
15 years ago

Hey there y'all-

Tis the season- YEAH!

I thought we could post here as we hear about the up-coming swaps and such.

I just received a notice of a very wonderful swap coming up and thought I would share a bit of the info here- There will be more information posted as the date nears-

The Great Perennial Garden Trading Party

Remember this is a plant trading party so bring what you can even if it is common.

Saturday, May 9th, from 10 until 11 or so. This will be North of the metro in Columbus MN.

Save the date!

Comments (13)

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Yep, got that one today in the mail, too.

Who is hosting the GW swap this spring?

Gotta start getting things on my calendar before it gets too full, you know! LOL

Linda

• jel48
    15 years ago

Me too! About the GW swap I mean. Gary and I are waiting to plan our next Rochester trip the weekend of the swap. We don't have a lot of extra plants yet, but we've got some beautiful Michigan Rocks to share (if anyone wants them that is)!

• Julie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

While at Pauline's for the seed swap, I think I remember Ying-Joyfulsnowflake and Sandy-Sandysgarden thinking they would each like a turn at either the spring or fall GW plant exchange this year. Sandy has come construction slated for her neighborhood, but was not sure when it was to start so they were going to decide who was to do which later.
    I will send them both an e-mail.

Hi Linda! Happy spring!- and Hey there Joyce!! It will be really great to see you again! I saw your winter snow picks... Amazing!!! It blows in deep up there!

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I have my fingers crossed that I can garden this summer and doubled crossed that if I can garden I will be able to get to the swaps.

Once again I have injured myself. The good/bad news is that I am going to have a total knee replacement and then I won't have nearly as many problems.

I twisted it two weeks ago and totally blew it out. I have arthritis and have known the new knee would be coming in the future with the latest injury it will be soon. Just how soon depends on how long it takes to heal enough to have surgery.I hope it gets well enough to garden this summer and have the surgery in the fall. I see the doctor again on Thursday and will talk to her about that possibility.

• mantorvillain
    15 years ago

Zen...Do you have a 'Kneeler'? My wife got me one which is a bench tipped one way and a kneeling pad with handles when tipped the other. I think she got it from garder's supply. i always poo-poo'd the thought of such a thing but as both my age and weight have gone up I found it really helpful........If you did get one, you might want to add an extra cushion of foam to protect that joint just a bit more. Hope you'll be able to get a good garden season in before your surgery.

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I have a kneeler the problem is I also have a brace that keeps my knee totally straight. The only time I can bend it is when I am doing my exercises.

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Geez, Pauline. So sorry to hear about your knee! I hope you heal up quickly, wouldn't want you to miss out on gardening!

Linda

• joyfulsnowflake
    15 years ago

Hi, this is Ying. I will be happy to host the swap if Sandy cannot. I live in Woodbury's Stonemill Farm community and they have a community center we can use. The center right now have 6/7, 6/21 open noon - 6pm. or 6/14 open noon-2pm. That is if we need to use the inside of the building. If we just want to sit on the deck or the outside picnic table, then we can use it any time. So if we want to start like 11am, we can put our plants on the outside lawn and food on the outside picnic table, then move in to eat at noon.

I am open to all 3 days. Please let me know which day is best so I can go reserve the center, it books up fast.

The community center looks like this, with outside picnic tables that do not require reservation. Inside has bathrooms that do not require reservation. If we are just going to use the outside of the building then any day is good.

• Julie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So lets see,

The Friends Plant Sale is May 8-10.

The Perennial Garden Party Swap is May 9th - Very good- very large and well organized.

Maple Grove swap is May 16th- I have never been- Have you?

Plymouth Swap is June 1st- Very fun- park your car, unload your plants- and check out what everybody else brought!

Our very own GardenWeb Swap is on June 6th- and the MN Rock Garden Society is holding their plant sale this day as well at the Roseville Central Park Jaycee's Pavillion @ 10 am. GREAT plants ant GREAT PRICES!!!

The Lily Society will have a show @ Bcahmans July 11 and 12.
    Hmmm.... anything more?

• adamterrie
    14 years ago

Where in Columbus is the Great Perennial Garden Trading Party this Saturday? Does one need to register or something for this? Can anyone participate? My inquiring mind wants to know.

- Adam

• Julie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Addy is 14048 Furman St Columbus MN 55025. It starts around 10 today. Sorry I did not see your post sooner Adam-

• Julie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is open to all- It is a plant trading event- so bring plants if you have them even if it is common. If you are new to gardening and don't have a plant to split up- bring food to share. Once you participate- you can sign up for a reminder e-mail or post card, that is why some of us know about this- It is open to all!

• Julie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

BIRCHWOOD PERENNIAL EXCHANGE
    8th annual Birchwood Perennial Exchange @ the will be held on Saturday, May 24th at 10 a.m. City of Birchwood Village City Hall 207 Birchwood Avenue Birchwood, MN 55110 This is a great opportunity to acquire new and unusual plants.