Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mn

I Can't Believe My Eyes!

Julie
18 years ago

The rain stopped for just a moment and I went out to enjoy the plum blossom breeze and view the surroundings- the Sum and substance hosta that I thought I should lift and divide this weekend before the eyes grew too much as they are trying to overtake a neighboring shrub- are 8-10" tall and opening! The tree peony's that were showing just a few leaves on Wednesday, are leafed out and exposing their buds- over 13 on one plant! The foam flowers are blooming as are the Jack in the Pulpit- Trillium-Wood Poppies- Uvularia- Columbines- Hesperius/Dame's Rocket-Prairie Smoke- Lilacs and Apples!!

If the lilacs are in bloom the morels can't be too far behind.....

Also- unfortunatly, the sawfly larve are eating the Mugo young-un's too- I had better get the spray bottle of rubbing alchohol on them..... I just hate it the way they lurch out twords you when they see you comming.....

What surprises has this dreary weather brought to your garden?

Comments (3)

• selkie_b
    18 years ago

My shooting stars have done just that! They are stunning! Virginia bluebells and phlox everywhere. This is about three weeks early on some of the things in my garden. Really can tell the ground didn't freeze deeply and that we've had a very warm spring so far.

I have music for you :) Love to see you soon!

-Marie

• ginkgonut
    18 years ago

I was out of town friday and saturday. When I examined the garden in the rain on sunday I couldn't believe how much stuff had popped, especially the perennials. Hostas, bleeding hearts, Astilbe and even the Endless Headaches seemed to have surged. This rain really seemed to jumpstart everything.

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

when I went out to inspect my garden yesterday it was amazing. The plants sure did like the rain. My winter sowing went wild. There are still some that haven't shown any signs of life and there are some that need to go into the ground. I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Sponsored