Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese Maple 'garnet' from Friends plant sale

Posted by krissamn z4 Mpls. (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 9, 06 at 22:22

The Friends Plant Sale (at the Fairgrounds Mother's day weekend) has a Japanese Maple "Garnet" listed in their catalogue.

Does anyone one have any experience with this tree or know what the chances are that it would make it in Minneapolis? The description in the catalogue says that it has been grown successfully in Duluth.

I read that the arboretum has one (or similar) in a container and moves it to protection for the winter. I would't be able to do this.

Thanks for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese Maple 'garnet' from Friends plant sale

where do I find a catalog for what is at the state fair plant sale?

o
RE: Japanese Maple 'garnet' from Friends plant sale

The web site is www.fsmn.org/news.html . You can download portions of the catalog or the whole thing. It says 2005 catalog but I am pretty sure that it is the 2006 one because I went last year and the offerings are different.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here