Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primgal36

Planted two bare-root tree peonies...

primgal36
15 years ago

I posted this on the peony forum, but haven't had any response there. I'm wondering if any of you have tree peonies, and why mine aren't doing anything yet?

I planted them in the fall, I followed the directions for planting and I know they're not going to do much at first, but I hoped they would DO something.

Are they later to come up? For instance, I have several peonies that bloom at different times, but they're poking through at least. Should I give up and get some other ones, or might they still appear?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (3)

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

I think that we all must be patient this year. The soil temp is still quite cold in many areas, in some parts of my own yard my plants are almost a month behind. It is a drag to be sure...There is nothing to be gained by jumping the gun and replacing things that may just need some heat. If, in fact, they did not make it, you have the whole summer to replace them...my opinion...Helen.

• ginkgonut
    15 years ago

My tree peony, planted last spring, began growing in late April.

• tsbccowboy
    15 years ago

Here is what is happening with my four Tree Peonies. One planted in '04 has been up for a few weeks & has been growing with new shoots. Three planted last year have been small sticks sticking out of the ground. Today, one of the three sticks has shot up a new shoot. I will remain patient with the other two sticks.

Good luck with your peonies, they are really cool plants,
    cowboy