Mon, May 8, 06 at 7:43

In a garden bed no less!
None in the woods just yet.......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I spied my first Morel!

foolish me,
I have sampled some mushroom in my yard, some were good
1 was not , after that I quit until I know better,, I think I get 10 different types in my yard. wish I knew what was what, some look so much alike.

o

Morels-Yum!

A friend of ours gave us a few morels to try last night. Very tasty. He has about 12 "secret spots" mapped out on his GPS. One of these years, I'd like to go try and find some on my own.

o

Cheri,
Do be careful eating unidentified mushrooms! We'd like to keep on enjoying the pleasure of your company....

o

Oh yes- do be carefull!! They can be DEADLY! As well as having some other um, side effects!
I do hope this will be a good year for them....
I finally tried them last year- and boy- they are VERY good just browned in butter ( well what isn't?)
So glad to hear they are showing up around the area!

o

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Mon, May 8, 06 at 21:20

I love morels... we used to gather them back 'home' in Nebraska. I like them dipped in beaten egg, then rolled in a cornmeal and flour mix, and (like Julie) browned in butter! DE-licious!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here