Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Swap: 6/1 in Plymouth

Posted by leaveswave (My Page) on
Fri, May 1, 09 at 8:48

Date: JUN-01-2009
Time: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Address: 14800 34th Ave. No.
Description: The Stewards for Greening Plymouth will host a spring plant swap on June 1, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Plymouth Creek Center parking lot. Bring perennials that you'd like to share and pick up free plants being shared by others.

Participation requirements are simple. Place extra plants in pots and label them with their common names. Seeds and plantwares (pots, tools and the like) are also acceptable swap items.

Following the plant swap, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. joing the Hennepin County Master Gardeners in the Plymouth Creek Center Ballroom for a presentation on Vegetable and Small Fruit Varieties presented by Terry Nennich, Regional Extension Educator from Crookston.

Questions? Call Forester Paul Buck at 763-509-5944.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Swap: 6/1 in Plymouth

Less than two weeks away. With Master Gardeners participating, there's always some really interesting contributions!

o

I have attended for several years. It's always interesting and very casual. People place their plants behind their cars then walk around choosing plants from behind everyone else's cars. Last year I got some mixed irises that are just beginning to bloom now. It's fun to see what colors are opening.

This has not been a one for one swap as several people bring many, many plants to share. Bring what you can and take what you want. No one wants to take the same plants back home.

Also want to reaffirm that books and plantwares are welcome.

o

I heard there will be a Master Gardener fundraising plant sale- anyone know more about it?

o

I want to thank whoever broght the Virginia Bluebells that I got last year. It is in bloom right now and is quite spectacular. Hope I do as well again this year.
See you there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here