Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is your favorite coral bell?

Posted by happyinthegarden MN 4 (My Page) on
Sun, May 30, 10 at 10:11

I'm becoming obsessed by Coral Bells and I want to pick up some new ones to plant with my hostas but I can't decide. I really like "Georgia Peach", "Caramel", "Obsidian", and "Chocolate Ruffle" but there is so many to pick from.

What is your favorite and why?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is your favorite coral bell?

Apparently you are growing coral bells for the foliage. My favorite coral bells turned out to be "firefly". It actually does not have the showiest foliage, but the bells were great. It only lived for 3 years or so.

o

My current favorite is "Snow Angel". I have two, one I put in a couple of years ago and I liked it so much I added another last year. The foliage is green and white speckled, and it produces MANY flowers! (I think my two year old right now has at least 20-25 flower stalks coming up on it!)

For foliage only, I like "Venus". I also have "Marmalade", but it has not done all that great for me. It comes up every year (5th season, now) but does not get very large and the flowers it does produce are rather insignificant. But it is a lovely bronze color.

Linda

o

One of my favorites is Green Spice--I get comments about how beautiful it is--beautiful foliage and it has increased in size for me beautifully which I can't say about all my heuchera. The flowers aren't that great, though. For flowers, I prefer, Splendins, (I think that's the name) The flowers are a bright red and it blooms for a very long time. I also like the foliage on Peach Melba. I also liked snow angel, mentioned above, but it didn't do well for me and eventually just kind of disappeared, maybe because it was small and getting crowded out by other things, my fault. I also like the foliage on lime rickey--very bright lime green. I just divided that as the tubers were growing up and out of the ground like they do and hope to have more of them soon!
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here