Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baptisia australias

Posted by kathiez4mn 4MN (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 12:13

My false indigo has not emerged yet. Is there hope?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baptisia australias

That doesn't sound good. Mine is in a shady spot and is already 18-24". I think you may have to look for a new perennial. Too bad.

o

I got a little one at the Friends School plant sale last year. I could not see any growth and believed that it had died. So, last week I stuck a shovel in the ground in the area where it was supposed to be and discovered that it was just starting to sprout below the surface of the ground. I probably stunted it some, but it is still growing . . very slowly.

So - if your plant is young, there still may be hope!

- Adam

o

My baptisia that's now beginning it's 3rd summer is up about 2ft or so and has formed a nice size clump!!! The plants I planted late last summer as seedlings are about 2 inches now. I thought they were goners until last Friday when they started poking up through the ground/mulch.

As Adam said, there's still hope, so hang in there.

Sandy

o

Mine has not shown any signs of life yet, but I think it is still early. It is usually one of my late ones and conditions are so variable--I don't get too anxious until the first week of June.

o

Mine is about 3 years old and just poked through the soil 10 days ago or so. It is only about 2-3 inches high.

I agree, yours may still make an appearance!

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here