Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Local source for nylon Trellis for vertical gardening?

Posted by srj19 4 (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 13:17

I was all set to get some rolled nylon trellis from Gertens and then couldn't find it.

Anyone know where to find this locally, I plan to try various vertical growing methods.

A related question, anyone tried supporting tomatoes with a single hanging cord as seen on Youtube? That might be an alternate method I could explore.

Thanks,
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Local source for nylon Trellis for vertical gardening?

Try Menard's. $4 or so for a 5x10 ft. net. They were running a little low on supplies last time I checked, about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they have restocked by now.

Cheers!

o

Home Depot has 2 different brands. I prefer the Burpee's brand because the squares are 6"X6", vs. 7"X7" for the other. Makes it easier to string up because my raised beds are 4'X6". Look either inside the store by the seeds, starting mix, etc. or outside by the plant supports.

o

I asked my local hardware store to order one for me and they did along with several others. They thanked me for the suggestion and all sold out quickly. They ordered it on Monday and had it on Wednesday their regular delivery day.

o

I saw them at both menards and home depot in the section with stakes, plant ties and those foldable tomato cages.
Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here