Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Low Cost ServiceBerry Trees

Posted by jazzygardener z4 MN (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 08 at 14:09

I would love to plant some serviceberry trees this year. However, I checked out a couple of local nurseries but, the price ($130) was too high for me. Does anyone know of any nurseries/garden centers etc. that sell them for around $60 or less?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Low Cost ServiceBerry Trees

If you are patient and don't mind buying small, the most economical will be buying from a tree seedling nursery like Cascade Forestry or Musser Forests. I checked Cascade and website shows they are sold out of most. Musser has them in the two smaller size but the pots are sold out. Google 'tree seeding nursery' will bring up some links you can check.

Otherwise, I would investigate by phone calling local nurseries.

o
RE: Low Cost ServiceBerry Trees

I just saw some at Menard's for around $60. I haven't ever planted any trees, so I'm not sure on the quality. I am planning to tackle that project this summer. I think I'll do a post to ask everyone's expertise. Anyway, the Service Berry tree was one that was recommended to me, sounds like it is a great tree for all seasons. Twin City Nursery in White Bear Lake seems to be having a great sale right now too. I stopped in to check it out and they were really helpful. I think their website is twincitynursery.com. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here