Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leftwood

June Swap

leftwood
17 years ago

I just sent out final info and directions to the 2006 GW Swap via the "Send me an email" option on your member pages. If you need more information, or I goofed in any way or I missed someone (sorry), drop me a line.

cailleachmn, zenpenn and falcon: you do not have a "send me an email" option on your member page, and I cannot contact you. Send me an email with your email address, and I will get the directions to you.

This swap will be a fun time for all!

Rick

Comments (11)

• felixzippy
    17 years ago

Rick,

I'd be interested in the swap. I've never been to one, but I'am concerned that the plants that I have are too common and no one would have an interest in them. Is there a listing of plants that are wanted?

Chris

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Rick,

My e-mail has been sent. I also updated my profile.

Chris-I for one have not updated my want list, but don't worry someone is bound to want what you have. This way you can get some uncommon ones to bring next year.

Pauline

• gamebird
    17 years ago

I live in St. Paul. My email is game_bird AT hotmail.com

When and where is the swap? I've never been to one. Do we have to swap or can we just buy?

• Julie
    17 years ago

This swap is wonderful as it invites all GWers to participate- newbies to gardening and old fogies alike-
    There will always be those old fashioned favorites in abundance- but there will be those who may love to have them- please bring them!
    Please bring what ever you may have to share- even if it is just your smile- the idea is that it is a swap- an open exchange of plants for plants- but for those who really cannot split even one perennial- or do not even have one left over marigold- know that there is usually an abundance of plants to go around-
    I know I would be happy to bring home empty 1 gallon or smaller plastic pots- and even a few bags of old newspapers to use in my garden- as well as a plant or two- so maybe if you have no plants- you may have other garden related things to share-
    I think this swap will be a bit different than other GW swaps I have been to as Rick had mentioned that he may have some of his rock garden perennials available- but not to swap. These are plants he has raised to sell- and since we will be at his house it is his choice to offer these to us if he still wishes- But we don't/have never brought plants to sell at a swap. You can certainly make private arrangements with others to sell or buy but GW kinda frowns on money exchanges in it's midst.
    Routinely there are "Pre- swaps" where folks check each others wants and have lists and make arrangements privatly before the swap. Just look at the lists of the folks who are thinking of comming by clicking on their names and then selecting their list- and then send them a little message- say something like- I see you are planning to attend the swap- I noticed you wanted X- I have an X to swap with you- would you consider swapping your Z for my X? Then you meet and exchange at the swap location just before the "main event"-
    It is a good time- and all those who are interested or even just curious are welcome to attend!
    I am looking forward to seeing old friends- and meeting some new ones as well!
    Julie

• leftwood
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just to sent the records straight, this is what Julie was refering to in regards to me "selling" plants:

The week before the swap is our Rock Garden Society's plant sale. We are recognized by the Minnesota state and the Federal goverments as a 501(3)c non-profit organization. Proceeds are mainly used for education. For example, to procuring quality speakers for our meetings from around the state, country and sometimes the world. Our meetings are open to the public. Plants that might be sold at the swap are only leftovers from this plant sale. Proceeds go to the Rock Garden Society, not me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
    Rick

• cailleachmn
    17 years ago

Oh, guys - I'm so bummed. I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. I'm sorry to everyone.

• tammymn
    17 years ago

Count me in. Rick I will send you an email for directions. I will try and dig up stuff I have in abundance as well as some unique stuff too. I also have an abundance of seedlings from winter sowing. I have some perennial pink delight salvia, lupines, trollis golden queen, columbines, queens lace and other seedlings. Tammy

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

If you are new to this process go to the exchanges link at the top of the Minnesota Gardening Forum.

• tania_10
    17 years ago

When and were is it?

Tania

• leftwood
    Original Author
    17 years ago

June 11, Sunday(tomorrow) 12pm. I can send you all the info via an attachment if you send me your email address. I can't send an attachment throught gw mail.

Click on "leftwood" (above) and go to my member page. Send me an email with your email address.

Rick

• leaveswave
    17 years ago

This swap might be a possibility for those who couldn't make it on 6/11.

Sponsored