Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID

Posted by rubybaby43 z4 MN/n. metro (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 07 at 18:44

Hi! Been working in the backyard...finally! I was getting ready to plant some hostas last night when I stumbled upon this....

I first thought it was a fern but now I see a new sprout and know it's not. Anyone have an idea what it might be?

Thanks!
Kristy :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID

Looks like sweet cicely to me.

o

Ahh....you may be right. Wonder where it came from? :::tapping chin:::
I guess I'll leave it be and see what comes of it. I have only found one site that says what zone it's hardy to and that said zone 5...so that's kind of interesting. I guess I get enough cover for it in the backyard with all the leaves that fall from the trees!?

Thanks for the reply!

o

Kristy, I have that all over my woods, not sure what it is but the roots are fairly deep and tough to pull. I have to dig them to get them out of my beds. They get rather large, too.

Linda

o

I have to dig them to get them out of my beds. They get rather large, too.

Oh...don't send me bad news! LOL! This plant is pretty isolated. So I'm going to play roulette with it and see what it turns out to be.

Do yours flower, Linda?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here