Radishes (8 varieties)

Rhubarb

Parsley

Chives

Garlic Chives

Basil (3 varieties)

Oregano

Dill

Early March and April sowing has been successful. Lost a few things to a late hard frost we had in April, but most things survived. Now I have been chasing deer and rabbits out of the gardens - it seems they have finally found my stash of good tasting stuff.

Shallots, multipliers, red, white, yellow onions from sets, and Walla Walla onions from plants are all up and doing well. Cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower are planted out and growing like weeds. Weeded and hilled the potatoes today (6 varieties). The Red Robin container tomatoes are blooming. Lots of other veggies from seed are up now and growing fine.

Everything from the plant swap is in the ground and doing fine - the weather has been perfect for them to recover nicely.

For an experiment I purchased a food-grade bulb of Elephant garlic from the Walmart produce section ($2.88 ea.), separated the cloves and planted three weeks ago. Every clove sprouted and the biggest shoot is four inches tall already. Didn't expect such good results - saved a bit of money as opposed to ordering from a seed catalog.

Well, gotta go seed some early beans - I am going to push the envelope a bit with them as well. Tonight I am seeding 75 foot rows each of green snap, yellow snap, and purple snap beans. Planting extra for the local food shelf and neighbors in need. Hope some local folks will help me harvest when the time comes...

Have a good one.

-Tom

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals