Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leaveswave

pre-made bridge

leaveswave
17 years ago

I'm going to create a rain garden this year. We'll have to excavate a trench to bring the water from the downspout to the main part of the garden. And--it will have to cross a pathway. So I'm thinking to have The Labor Pool build a small bridge, though I'd prefer to buy one and save TLP's good nature for other projects in the offing.

Have you seen an arched bridge, at least 2.5 feet wide and 5 feet long. Handrails optional.

Bonus points for locations near Plymouth and reasonable prices.

Comments (5)

• meeperx
    17 years ago

Here is a nice 5 ft cedar brige on ebay for $89 (+$55 shipping).

Here is a link that might be useful: 5 ft cedar bridge

• leaveswave
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hadn't thought to check ebay...I'm a little leery of making this type of purchase without being able to check out the item in-person. Have you bought from them yourself, meeperx?

It's puzzling to me that they claim the wood is cedar, and yet is pressure-treated. And there's a rather significant discrepancy between the pictures of it. Plus the unprofessional rant against a competitor. Still, I think I'll contact them for further info before making my mind up.

Thanks for the tip!

• meeperx
    17 years ago

I bought some handmade cedar window boxes off ebay a couple of weeks ago that were very nice-not this seller though.

I read some of the feedback comments and people seem pretty happy with the footbridge kit. The price is certainly low(hopefully it isn't a get-what-you-pay-for kind of deal).

Here is their competitor's listing-same product, but $20 cheaper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another seller

• leaveswave
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There's a place around Elk River or Anoka that has a large range of outdoor "furnishings"--gazebos, arbors, etc. Does anyone remember their name?

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Plants-n-Things. On Hwy 10 just west of Anoka at Sunfish Lake Blvd.

Linda

Sponsored