Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Incongruous Nepeta

Posted by heleninramsey 4 (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 22:07

I am a little confused by my Nepeta "Walkers Low"...I love this plant, I have seven of them in different gardens. Three of them are returning with gusto, four of them bearly show signs of life. Has anyone had trouble with this plant, it was on my list of steadfast garden warriors. Of those lagging behind, they are all in full sun, three are new as of last spring, one has been around for at least three years. Any ideas?

Thanks, Helen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Incongruous Nepeta

I don't have Walkers Low, but I have Six Hills Giant and it seems to be behaving in a similar fashion. One plant is nicely mounded and has been for a couple of weeks, another planted at the same time, about six feet apart, looked dead until just last week. It is finally starting to show some little leaves. This one also has a few baby plants starting in the near vicinity. I think these must be from where a branch touched the ground, because I understood that 6 Hills was supposed to be seed sterile. ??? Every year you see new things, I guess.

o

Well thanks for that...Misery loves company, and so does confusion.

Helen.

o

I don't know if I have Walker's Low or not, mine is about 12-18" tall and in full bloom. I have another, 'Little Titch" which is 6-8" tall. Both have spread just a little and both are in part sun around trees. They are two-three years old.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here