Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris Photos

Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 0:03

Some of the iris from my new Hosta/Iris Bed. These are the earlier blooming ones - photos from Friday June 1st.

Changing Seasons

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can't recall this one at the moment

Classic Bordeaux

Crimson Snow

Rapture in Blue

Starship Enterprise

Strange Brew

Imprimis

Baltic Star

An unknown variety

Does anyone else have Iris photos to share? I'd love to see them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris Photos

Oh my, nothing to compare to those. They are lovely.

o

I love irises! I'm waiting for my new Schreiner's catalog so I can order more to plant in the fall!

Our lives have been in a whirlwind during the past year. I cannot find my info that I saved on my irises so I'm not 100% sure of all of their names. But here is what I have blooming right now...

This is the last of my dwarf irises. I also have dark purples and periwinkles.

And the Tall bearded....

I believe this is Autumn Tryst...

Dynamite....

These are very special to me because when my grandma passed away in September 2002 I dug up a small chunk of her garden. I thought I was digging up Star of Bethlehem since those were what I grabbed a hold of as I pulled them up with the soil. But lo and behold these babies came up the following spring. I didn't have a clue I had rhizomes as they had already died back by the time I dug my treasure up. I don't know their name...they are old though. This pic is from last year. They bloom mid-season. I LOVE them!!

I never did get any Star of Bethlehem but I do have something unfamiliar growing along side of Grandma's irises now....I have no clue what they are. The leaves are iris-like but thin and whippy and you can see a few small white buds forming. For all I know I have another treasure...I would love them to finally be the Stars! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kristy :)

o

Here are some photos of Joyce's irises I took while at her house on Sunday!!

o
photo

Jel48, I hope you don't mind that I posted your flowers, but they are SO pretty and you had them listed in your post so I just wanted to add.

o

I forgot to add that I really do love that Starship Enterprise!! Wowwee!!!
Kristy :)

o

Joyce, the photos are almost as beautiful as in person. They are all gorgeous, but it is the Imprimis that I covet. Carmellia

o

Ooh, so beautful. Thanks for sharing.
Bobbie

o

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 0:51

Thanks everybody, I'm glad you liked the iris. I'm absolutely loving them. Kristie I love yours too. And Atica, your photos of my iris are gorgeous.. much better then the ones I took and I don't mind your posting them at all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here