Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenpotter

Thank You

zenpotter
17 years ago

Rick, Thank you for a great time. Now to find the space for all of the plants I brought home with me. Your garden is beautiful, what a variety of plants and you know what they all are! You give each plant so much room they look so happy. So the cactus bloomed after we left hmmmmm.

Pauline

Comments (13)

• selkie_b
    17 years ago

We really had a great time - thanks Rick! I got everything I really needed too!

-Marie

• zennenn
    17 years ago

It was great to meet everyone, and interesting to see what everyone is growing. I picked up several plants that were new to me that I am sure I will enjoy for years to come, especially because I was able to learn about them from their growers.

Thank you Rick for your hospitality and your garden tour. I really admire the design of your new bed! Very graceful.

I am looking forward to the next one!

Jennifer

• twohuskies
    17 years ago

Thanks for hosting the swap Rick. It was fun to meet everyone, get some new plants, and tour your garden. I loved your willow, and was that an Amur Chokecherry or Birch Bark Cherry tree in your front yard? I spotted it but completely forgot to take a good look at it.

Laura.

• leftwood
    17 years ago

Yes indeed: Amur chokecherry (Prunus maackia).

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick any suggestions for a small as in under 10" willow? I was going to ask, but forgot when I was there and saw yours. I have a small yard.

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Thanks, Rick! It was a "lovely day" for a swap! LOL
    Had a great time, in spite of the rain. It was great to see old friends and meet a few new ones, too.

A side note: to whomever got the round pot of hosta from me (not the lancifola, but the blue-green one...) it is "Blue Cadet" in case you were wondering.

Linda

• gamebird
    17 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't make it. I worked way too hard on Saturday for someone who's only two weeks from delivering a full term baby and Sunday I was wiped out. Plus my friend cancelled, so I'd be going alone, tired, on a two hour plus round trip. :(

Maybe next time!

• lynnsherbs
    17 years ago

Thanks also from me, Rick. You are a wonderful host. I really appreciated the chance to see your yard in full leaf. I was right - so many trees, and yet so much sunshine! Delightful!

Lynn

• karenn3
    17 years ago

I second all the compliments and thank yous. What an all-around nice variety of people and plants. Rick, loved the yard, the honeyberry!!

Karen

• Julie
    17 years ago

Yes- I agree- great host- great folks- great food- and great plants, in and out of garden beds- made for a great afternoon!
    My thanks to Rick and all who came and made the day so wonderful!!
    I don't even have my goodies in the ground yet and am looking forward to the next GW swap at ZenPotter's this fall- (thanks to you for volunteering!!) and am planning what I can bring to that one- I want to bring even more to the next one!
    Julie

• adamterrie
    17 years ago

I would also like to extend my "thanks" to Rick and to everyone who added to the plethora of plants at the swap. This was my first plant swap and I was pleasantly surprised by the generosity and benevolence of the individuals who contributed. I was like a giggly little school girl driving home after the swap with my vehicle full of new plants for my flower beds (hopefully that does not sound too effeminate). It was a pleasure meeting all of you who attended. I look forward with anticipation to the future plant swaps.

- Adam

• leftwood
    17 years ago

Well thank you everyone for all the complements, but you know it took contributions from all to make things turn out well. I am grateful for everything. Just like I said here (at the end) on the exchange page.

Rick

• oknish
    17 years ago

Rick: I want to thank you for all of the goodies that I received on Sunday, and also being able to see your very
    nice yard and flower beds. I really enjoyed meeting the fellow gardeners and all of their plants that they brought. Thanks alot again for a fun Sunday. OrDella

Sponsored