Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portable Greenhouse - Replacement Cover Needed

Posted by leaveswave (MN z4) (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 11:14

The plastic cover for my portable greenhouse is falling apart and needs to be replaced. The sticking point is I have no brand, model, or manufacturer information. Any ideas where/how I can find a replacement? There's a picture here in case you think you might recognize it:

http://home.comcast.net/~leavesdance/greenhouse.htm

Any and all ideas welcomed with thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portable Greenhouse - Replacement Cover Needed

www.farmtek.com has them I do believe

-Marie

o

Ah, unfortunately they don't. I've also tried Charley's and All Greenhouses without luck. It must have been a really obscure Chinese company or something to not have any identifying marks on it.

o

It looks like a wider lower version of the ones they carry now. I have one. You could contact that manufacturer and see. Otherwise I'd just get some greenhouse plastic and bodge something :)

-M

o

You might try calling Roger at J R Johnson's greenhouse supply - its off of County Road C and 35W. It is wholesale only, but he's somewhat pliable. At any rate, he may be able to tell you how to go making your own from greenhouse plastic. The plastic I get from Johnsons for my hoophouse is rated for 48 months and it would probably work for yours with some adaptions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here