Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nurseries selling hot peppers in the area?

Posted by vic01 z4MN (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 12:35

Tim Kornder of Brewery Creek, Belle Plaine, passed away in Jan 2009 and the business is now up for sale. This was our go to place for the peppers and herbs we hadn't started from seed. I thought maybe some of you would have an alternative suggestion of a place to check out. We're in lower SW area of the state but willing to drive to the cities if there's something good. All that's available locally is bell, jalapeno, garden salsa, serrano and an occasional habanero, typical pepper plants every spring. We'd like something more unusual. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nurseries selling hot peppers in the area?

Holasek's in Lester Prairie had a fairly wide selection of peppers earlier. There were lots of heirlooms, I remember seeing Thai peppers, cayenne, etc. Can't say for sure they'd have what you want but here's the phone #. 320- 395 -2780

o

I second hostaholic2's recommendation of Holasek's. They had a fantastic selection of heirloom tomatoes a couple of weeks ago. I didn't check out the peppers but I can imagine they would have a good variety. It's a really great greenhouse with loads of healthy plants and helpful people. Not as cheap as some places but the quality is worth it.

o

This won't help you now, but at the Hennepin Tech plant sale earlier this year there was a good selection of pepper and tomato plants. They were $1.50 each. Also a good selection of annuals and perennials, including native plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hennepin tech plant sale link

o

Shady Acres Herb Farm has a very nice selection of hot peppers and other plants. Take a look at their website. I purchase plants from them every year. They are only open from April 19 to June 21st.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shady Acres Herb Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here