Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gamebird

Have the half-price seed sales started yet?

gamebird
16 years ago

I know they're half price at Cub grocery stores and I can get plants at half price at Linder's flower marts (already scored two flats and some herbs there). Anyone know any other places doing big sales?

Comments (5)

• leaveswave
    16 years ago

I'm waiting for Linder's to go lower; they're open until 7/8. I've been gardening long enough that 50% of their common stock is not yet cheap enough.

• thisismelissa
    16 years ago

I asked the Linders people about that and they said that they stay at 50%. And most of the garden marts close on 6/30. Yours might be one of the ones that stays open longer.

I drove by Linders Greenhouse today and their perennials are still 20-30% off, while the garden marts are 50% off of everythign.

• rdubow
    16 years ago

Where is there a Linder's close to Southdale mall...anyone know???? Or this.....Gardenmart...where are these places? I looked at Bachmans and Wagner's and neither one of them have any "sales" that were great! Can someone tell me where to find the other two? I will go look online right now too!
    Thanks in advance!
    Becca

• gamebird
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I went by Home Depot yesterday and their seed rack is heavily picked over and NOT on sale. Still full price. I didn't see any signs advertising discounts on their garden center. They had lots of plants there and activity, but I didn't go in.

I went to Menards (Home Depot didn't have the stakes I wanted) and their garden center was 60% or more off. I went in there and could see why. Nothing had been watered for far too long and everything was overgrown and nasty looking. Those things wouldn't even do as charity cases. I think I'd take them if they were free - they might make decent compost. I didn't see their seed rack.

I also went by Linder's main store. They have 50% off on a lot of their annuals in the main store, but no discount on seeds. The lady helping me didn't know when or if the seeds would go on sale.

Cub grocery was also on my errand list. Their seed rack is gone entirely, but they had some garden "stuff" on deep discount - 50% off or more. I bought a rain gauge.

I'd been hoping to pick up some mint that looked passable to put in a bed where the mint isn't thriving (I have no idea why... some of it is great, but it's not spreading! What's the world coming to when the mint won't spread?!)

• joyfulsnowflake
    16 years ago

Last year I got seeds at Gerten's at 10 cents/pack, including some really big seed packs. I think it was around late July or early August.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting