Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foreverrecyclereuse

Garden Harvest / Progress Reports

Have been harvesting strawberries, spinach and green onions. The sugar snap peas are flowering so these shouldn't be much longer either.

What are others getting out of their gardens?

Comments (7)

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Can't forget the rhubarb as well :)

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

So far I've got nothing but lettuce and asparagus - and not a whole lot of that.

On the other hand, I've got cherry tomates ripening, some chile peppers doing the same, and it looks like it's shaping up to be a good year for raspberries!

My strawberries are sulking and not producing at all for whatever reason. It's frustrating to be sure.

• soilent_green
    10 years ago

Strawberries flopped here too.

Harvested wild ramps, fiddleheads, morels in springtime. Recently finished up harvesting asparagus, spinach (excellent crop this year but bolted quickly), and radishes. Continuing to harvest rhubarb, winter onions, green garlic, lettuce, basil, parsley, sage, thyme, oregano, marjoram, lovage, chives, garlic chives, container cherry tomatoes. Last two days harvested first celery, first new potatoes, first broccoli, first snow peas. Been eating turnips and the first shell peas - first main shell pea harvest probably tomorrow. Bush snap beans are setting, hoping for a first meal of them this coming weekend. I expect to be harvesting baby beets and baby carrots next week.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We planted strawberry plants from 2 separate sources last year -- the South patches' plants are tall, strong and supporting the weight of large, red berries while the North patch is rather thin and the small berries are laying on the straw. We have been picking about 25 ripe berries a day for the last week or so (and several more berries lost to the compost bin due to nibble/hole damage). Began applying an organic spray to the patch which seems to have reduced the amount of damage. Berries seem to be a bit more sour this season but still tasty.

Our raspberry patch is growing nice -- filling in and green but no other activity. Was glad that they grew back so nice after the rabbits ate all of them to the ground over the winter. Not sure if we will get fruit this season now or not...

Picked our first snap peas of the season last night. Looks like we will have lots more in the next few days.

Tomatoes, chili peppers, and bell peppers have not flowered yet... Growing several other veges as well but nothing close to maturity.

• soilent_green
    10 years ago

Harvested for tonight's dinner. :)

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

I only plant tomatoes, beans, peppers, and cucumbers. All warm weather plants. The tomatoes are flowering and there are a few tiny green cherry tomatoes.

No harvesting for awhile. Oh, yah, forgot the rhubarb.

• northernmn
    10 years ago

Several staggered bunches of radishes and lots of rhubarb. The asparagus did pretty well this year too. My 1st broccoli heads are forming but I don't think they will be as big as Soilent's.

Tomatoes and peppers have lots of blossoms, and there are some tomatoes up to golf ball size.

Blueberries are green still, but have grown to about pea size so far. Raspberries are starting to form but the majority are still in the blossom stage. Looks to be an excellent year for both. Fruit trees are still too young. I'm not even letting them date yet.

Sponsored