Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hail damage in Hastings

Posted by rasslinmama 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 07 at 14:50

We got slammed with hail the size of golf balls last night. All of my annuals and perennials are either shredded or broken off. I know they'll come back but I think I'm gonna cry a little.
I'm more upset about the flowers than the roof and car-don't tell my hubby!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hail damage in Hastings

That's terrible...not the part about being more upset about the flowers, of course. Insurance covers roofs and cars but no agent yet has told me that they will come restore my gardens when an "act of God" strikes. That is insurance I wouldn't feel terrible about paying!

I feel aweful for you! We are on the edge of Edina and saw NADA, ot even a drop of rain! We are getting some slight sprinkles today...but we are in need of not sprinkles or hail, just some long rain....my water bill is going to be $100.00 this month!!!!

I hope everything comes back for you, it looks like nice weather for "regrowing" is coming up!
Bec

o

I feel for you! I've been there and know how awful you feel.

o

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 21, 07 at 21:41

I'm sorry to hear that rasslinmama. We had hail here in Owatonna too, about 5:30 am. and I was glued to the window when I should have been getting ready for work. Although this came down practically in sheets for a bit, it wasn't nearly as large as yours and only went on maybe 5 minutes or so. I got by with leaves with holes in them, and the plants under the trees were fine.

o

Every time it storms I think please no hail--I feel sorry for you cause I think I would cry a little too if that happened to me.

o

Yea we got the hail here in Lonsdale, my hostas look Terrible. Every single one of them, leaves just shreded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here