Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardener_budding

Upcoming Plant sales/swaps??

gardener-budding
16 years ago

Hello all,

I just found this website forum in the past few days. I have so enjoyed reading all of the posts and replies. I have to say, I have learned so much fun information!

I am a fairly new gardener and am looking to start/continue what the old homeowner created at my new home.

Does anyone know of any really good plant sales or swaps that are coming up in the twin cities area?

Does anyone have any creative ways to find people to swap perennials with? I have a lot of really over grown perennials at my home that I would love to dig up and trade with people.

Or where are your favorite places to buy perennials?

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (6)

• jel48
    16 years ago

Hi, and welcome to the MN Gardeners forum :-) Do you live in the Twin Cities area, then? And what other parts of the state do you occasionally get to (and where you might like to visit nurseries)? I'm in Owatonna and could give you a few down this way, in Rochester, and in Faribault, if you're interested.

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

First off....WELCOME! We love new "faces" around here!

Yes, where are you located? Too bad you didn't find us a couple weeks sooner, there have been several good swaps over the last few weeks.

I am up near Cambridge, would be glad to do some tradin'! Whatcha got?

Linda

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

Welcome !!!

Atica

• gardener-budding
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for being so welcoming! I live in the Lakeville/Apple Valley area.
    I have a lot of lambs ear, Autum Sedum, & Tons of Lily of the Valley. I am just letting other things grow in, so some of it I haven't identified yet.
    Are most plant swaps/sales earlier in the summer?

Thanks you everyone for your help!

• jel48
    16 years ago

The MNGarden GW group (us) hold a plant swap in early June (this year there were two) and one in the fall, maybe two (in different locations. I don't know about other swaps, but it does get harder to replant full size plants in the heat of July and August.

• leaveswave
    16 years ago

Welcome, g-b. We usually post about swaps we hear about as well as when nurseries have sales. Do you have any Linders or other temporary garden centers (usually in grocery store parking lots) in your neck of the woods? They might have closed for the season by now though...

I see you entered the plants you have to trade on your trade list. You can check other member's trade lists that post here, esp. if you know they live close to you. You can also search the trade lists to find who's got a specific plant you'd like: http://members2.gardenweb.com/members/exch-search.cgi. Then email 'em and suggest a trade.

Congratulations on your new home and happy gardening!

Sponsored