Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upcoming Plant sales/swaps??

Posted by gardener-budding MN (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 16:39

Hello all,

I just found this website forum in the past few days. I have so enjoyed reading all of the posts and replies. I have to say, I have learned so much fun information!

I am a fairly new gardener and am looking to start/continue what the old homeowner created at my new home.
Does anyone know of any really good plant sales or swaps that are coming up in the twin cities area?
Does anyone have any creative ways to find people to swap perennials with? I have a lot of really over grown perennials at my home that I would love to dig up and trade with people.

Or where are your favorite places to buy perennials?

Thank you so much for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upcoming Plant sales/swaps??

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 18:19

Hi, and welcome to the MN Gardeners forum :-) Do you live in the Twin Cities area, then? And what other parts of the state do you occasionally get to (and where you might like to visit nurseries)? I'm in Owatonna and could give you a few down this way, in Rochester, and in Faribault, if you're interested.

o

First off....WELCOME! We love new "faces" around here!

Yes, where are you located? Too bad you didn't find us a couple weeks sooner, there have been several good swaps over the last few weeks.

I am up near Cambridge, would be glad to do some tradin'! Whatcha got?

Linda

o

Welcome !!!

Atica

o

Thank you for being so welcoming! I live in the Lakeville/Apple Valley area.
I have a lot of lambs ear, Autum Sedum, & Tons of Lily of the Valley. I am just letting other things grow in, so some of it I haven't identified yet.
Are most plant swaps/sales earlier in the summer?

Thanks you everyone for your help!

o
RE: Upcoming Plant sales/swaps?? now?

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 07 at 20:06

The MNGarden GW group (us) hold a plant swap in early June (this year there were two) and one in the fall, maybe two (in different locations. I don't know about other swaps, but it does get harder to replant full size plants in the heat of July and August.

o

Welcome, g-b. We usually post about swaps we hear about as well as when nurseries have sales. Do you have any Linders or other temporary garden centers (usually in grocery store parking lots) in your neck of the woods? They might have closed for the season by now though...

I see you entered the plants you have to trade on your trade list. You can check other member's trade lists that post here, esp. if you know they live close to you. You can also search the trade lists to find who's got a specific plant you'd like: http://members2.gardenweb.com/members/exch-search.cgi. Then email 'em and suggest a trade.

Congratulations on your new home and happy gardening!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here