Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hibiscus

Posted by clark106 z4MN (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 16:46

Have your perennial hibiscus started to leaf out? I'm wondering if mine have bit the last after this harsh winter. I know they emerge late. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hibiscus

Only one of my hibiscus is showing any growth. They usually start to pop about now and with the cold and cloudy/rainy weather I think they may be late.

o

Checked my hibiscus yesterday and see bit of green at the base.

o

They are THE LAST UBER LAST thing to emerge...
Even with all the warm weather we had last year (Twin Cities) they didn't come out till early June for me

Worth the wait.

o

Did you plant next to the house in southern exposure or othewise mulch them with bags of leaves in late fall? Zone 5 plants.

o

I thought I might have lost two of my older hibiscus but today saw a couple of green stems on one so will wait on the other. Several others have been up and growing for some time.

o

The oldest hibiscus did not come back and was removed today. I did not replace it as have another very similar. Put a couple of red leaved, red bloom canas there instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here