Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soilent_green

Thursday Dinner and Other Stuff

soilent_green
11 years ago

This is my third meal of snap beans that I have snitched from the garden. The crop is really kicking into production now, so a thorough picking is due. I should really be harvesting on Friday but I think I will put it off to Saturday because cooler temps are forecast.

First two photos show snap beans and potatoes harvested at 4:30pm for my 6:00pm dinner - a person can not get any fresher vegetables than that. The third photo shows those vegetables on the dinner plate along with a sirloin that was grilled on charcoal and apple wood.

Feel free to click on any pic to see larger version, but please note that you will be redirected to my flickr photo page. I do this to reduce load times for folks with slower internet connections. :)

Gold Rush Yellow Wax, Royal Burgundy Purple,
and Blue Lake Green Bush Snap Beans:

Kennebec White Potatoes:

The Meal:

Following is a photo of various potatoes, onions and shallots that I harvested on July 01. I gave all of this stuff, plus a bunch of chard, to my sister as a thank you for helping me do some weeding back in May.

{{gwi:98062}}

Following is a photo of Strawberry Spinach aka Beetberry harvested on June 27. Not a favorite of mine to eat but a very interesting plant none the less. Cooking the leaves as spinach is not too bad, but takes a lot of picking for a meal.

I expect to harvest my first tomatoes on Saturday - cherries from my Red Robin container tomatoes. Missed my June goal again, but I am getting closer...

Happy Gardening.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!