Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

2013 Fall Plant Exchange

a.girl.named.max
10 years ago

Is anyone interested in an plant exchange this fall?

Max and Eric

Comments (11)

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Yes. I have many plants that I would like to share.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

I have never participated in a plant exchange .... concept is appealing, I just don't have any plants to share/divide. Definitely have lots of seedlings in the Spring when I realize that I have too many starters and not enough garden space :) Still on the look-out for a few more red rhubarb plants -- seems to be a difficult find in my area. Nurseries sell out immediately and not many selling or sharing privately and my (4) plants are still too young to divide.

• mantorvillain
    10 years ago

If the timing works out, I'll be interested. I have quite a few old fashioned (single) hollyhocks in 4" pots and will have more than I need.

• jel48
    10 years ago

Hey Will, I doubt that I'll make the plant exchange this fall, but would love to have some of your hollyhocks. I'm planning to spend a week in Kasson shortly, helping with the newest grandbaby. Are there any plants you are looking for? Maybe we could work out a trade of some sort.

• mantorvillain
    10 years ago

Hi Joyce. Glad to share some of the hollyhocks. Just stop over or give me a call when you're in the area. I also have some nice daylilies that are just too big for me to lift and divide myself if you're interested....and other stuff.
    I'm not looking for anything in particular, though always seem to find a way to cram something more in -LOL.
    We (the historical restoration assn.) moved a small greek revival house onto the lot next door and are in the process of landscaping the yard so if you (or anyone else seeing this have starts of 'pioneer' plants I might be interested.
    Look forward to seeing you.
    Will

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

When is the best time to host a fall plant exchange?

We would love to participate but looking at our fall schedule we've decide that we can't host.

Max and Eric.

• KittyWitty
    10 years ago

I am game... how about meet at a park? post labor day? or weekend of?

• KittyWitty
    10 years ago

Check out my exchange list... I am in northern suburbs/twin cities.

• mantorvillain
    10 years ago

Don't know if a swap will still occur but it doesn't appear I'll be participating. I pulled the quadriceps (front of thigh) off the patella, had surgical repair and will be fine but in a locked brace til mid-december. Lukily I have family, neighbors and friends who have volunteered to insure my plants get inside and/or into the basement for overwintering. It certainly changed plans for this fall. Phooey.

• jel48
    10 years ago

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that, Will!

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Sorry that you were injured, Will, and glad that you have helpers bringing in your brugs and other plants needing to be inside for the winter. Hope your recovery goes well and that you find some interesting books, music, or video to keep yourself occupied. Perhaps someone could stop at the library and pick up some gardening magazines that you never have had time to read.

I am in SD renovating my sister's garden. Brought a car full of plants from divisions and winter sown plants from the last couple of years from my gardens. Will start bringing in my brugs and other tenders next week.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia