Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese Magnolia Question

Posted by cheri_mn_524 zone4 -MN (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 19, 06 at 8:56

Hi,
I believe I have a chinese magnolia that is blooming again. Does anyone have any fertilizer info on it Or tips and tricks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese Magnolia Question

Doesn't sound like you need any tips or tricks if your magnolia is reblooming. Sporadic rebloom throughout the summer is not uncommon in Asian hybrids. If you'd like to give some fast acting liquid fertilizer (like Miracle-Gro), this would be the latest in the season that I would fertilize mags. Unless the tree looks peaked, if it were me, I'd leave it be. And congratulations!

Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here