Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will plants damaged by roofers bounce back?

Posted by bobomcdo z4 MN (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 9:39

The house next to ours is getting a new roof, and there have been falling shingles, wood chunks, etc. landing on my flower garden. Among the plants bent and broken is my false blue indigo, which I love. A few of the stems are snapped and dead now. Will it survive, do you know? I hope I'm worrying for nothing, but it's killing me that some of the plants are being killed. My morning glory is finally reaching the top of my fence and now some of those vines are dead, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will plants damaged by roofers bounce back?

Most perennials can survive some damage like this. Definitely prune off any damaged or dead parts, keep them regularly watered & give them a lite feeding of something like Miracle Grow (2-3 measures of MG in a 5 gal. pail of water & give each plant a pint of this solution).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here