Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

What camera do you love (or hate)

carmellia
15 years ago

I am absolutely, positively going digital this summer.

I've been doing some research online and I think Canon has the best value for the features, but there is so much info to sift through.

Do many of you use a digital SLR? Is that the way to go? I want something that is easy to operate, has easily navigated menus with none of that symbol and cipher stuff.

But most of all, I want something that can produce colors that are true to the original. It would never have occurred to me that true colors would be a problem, but I borrowed my brother in law's camera to try it out and it didnt seem to see blue. Every color, from purple to brown to green, had whatever blue was present bled right out of them. I know he paid very little for it. It isn't a brand I've ever heard of. Still, I thought I should specifically ask how true your camera is in reproducing the color it sees.

I have enjoyed pulling up postings here and finding the poster has included some photos of their garden, and there are some gorgeous photos on this form, so I know many of you have digital cameras and are using them for much the same purpose I would. So do you love your camera? Does it have any shortcomings or bad features you would change? Thanks for your help. I would very much like to make this purchase before the week is out and before the daylilies start winding down. Carmellia

Comments (3)

Sponsored