Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

My new home and gardens

jel48
15 years ago

I wanted to show you my new home and the gardening we finally started this past weekend. Took the photos last night and put it all together to post on the Hosta Forum as someone over there was asking for folks to post their newest projects.

I'm putting the link down below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My new home and gardens

Comments (8)

• carmellia
    15 years ago

I thought I posted a reply, but somehow I ended up on the Hosta Forum. Maybe you posted this both places?

Great house and ambitious gardens. Have fun! Carmellia

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Carmilla! I posted in the MN forum with a link to the long post in the Hosta forum. You probably posted the first time in the Hosta forum rather than going back to the MN Forum to post.

Anyway, yup, Michigan now but I'm maintaining my status as a MN Gardener :-) I'm still working in MN (long distance) so I think that's legit!!! ;-)

• carmellia
    15 years ago

I'm glad you haven't forgotten us.

Did you bring many of your plants with you to Michigan?

And, just out of curiousity, I have to ask you if Michigan is a lot less windy than Minnesota. A friend's dad move to Minnesota to be near her and the grandkids after his wife died. Well, he move back saying he couldn't stand how windy Minnesota is. When she told me that I though, "what is is talking about?"

But, since then, I have noticed every time we have a really windy day. We have a lot! Do you notice any difference? Carmellia

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carmellia, I brought two pickup loads of plants from Minnesota to Michigan, one a 'double decker' (I put plywood across the top of the box inside a pickup topper so I could have two layers of plants).

I don't think it's any less windy in Michigan! We've been having a pretty windy week this week, that's for sure! What Michigan (at least this part of the UP) doesn't have, is TORNADOS! I was so surprised when I heard that!

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

As I said over there... It's BEAUTIFUL! And we STILL will miss you big bunches!

-Marie

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Hmm... I commented after viewing your pics and the comment landed on the Hosta forum.

Joyce - You sure have done a lot in just a weekend. Everything looks Wonderful! Keep sending updates as you progress along.

Keep in touch
    Sandy

• Julie
    15 years ago

Hey there Joyce-
    It is good to see you are home- happy, snapping photos and gardening away!
    Whew- Still working in MN??!!??
    Now that's what I call a commute!!
    I don't know how you do what you do- but you do do it well!
    Thanks for keepin' us MNers in the UPer loop!
    Julie

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

What a great home to garden up...it should look really wonderful when you get a season under your belt! That pretty white house will look stunning with your kind attention.

Helen.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH