Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweet Peas

Posted by lroses (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 08 at 11:21

Hi..I am a sweet pea nut!! I have to have them every year! We moved from Wa State to Denver Colorado one year ago. Sweet peas grow wonderfully in Wa but was told not so good in Denver. Well they are over three feet tall and blooming beautifully, I am so thrilled. They do need their roots cool and the tops in sun but not hot hot sun.I get my seeds from Thompson and Morgan and I love the quality. They do need alot more babying here I am learning. But they are worth it...because when I smell them they make me smile :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweet Peas

Glad you got them growing. Think that is the secret, cool roots and tops in the sun. My Dad used to dig a deep trench and fill it with about 6 inches of really good compost, plant the seeds (in trench 6 inches deep) and as they grew he filled the trench in so their roots were really deep. Love them too!

o
RE: Sweet Peas

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 8:26

Sweet peas grow wild here in Michigan, at least in the UP. I am still amazed by them! They are all over the place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here