Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwintering Star Jasmine?

Posted by ascoli MN4a (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 11:23

Has anyone had success overwintering Star (or "Confederate") Jasmine? If so, how? Thanks--

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwintering Star Jasmine?

I bring my star jasmine inside and grow it under lights in my cool basement. Sometimes it even flowers there. In the late spring I leave it on the patio or sink the pot in the ground. I've had mine for several years.

o

No way, Jos (except as per mnswgal's suggestion). Gary

o

• Posted by ankh 4A (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 15, 09 at 23:40

I have, and they're doing great. I did nothing special, other than bring them in during the winter. Probably even kept them too close to heating vents. I have 2 in 2-gallon pots, brought them in, kept them watered periodically, then put them outside this spring. They're on a sunny deck and although a bit slow to start really filling out after the winter, they're gorgeous and fragrant right now.

o

My star jasmine is in full bloom now and wonderfully fragrant. Other years it has bloomed two or three times during the summer. Wonder if the cool dry summer has caused the late bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here