Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rdubow_gw

Tomatoes...zucchini...eggplant..peppers..peas...radish

rdubow
16 years ago

I have tons ripening and already been eating anyone else?? I planted WAY early and thought that things would still ripen the same as planting them when we were suppose to....but I have:

About 12-15 ripened and eaten tomatoes and about 10 more per day being picked now!

2 eggplant, 1 just picked and huge and the other ready in a week or so.

Tons of banana peppers ready

10 HUGE ZUKES eaten and many more ready in a few days

5-7 cucumbers already picked last week

parsley that is like 16" round and 1 foot tall....more than I know what to do with!

Basil...way more than an entire block could eat!

Snow peas...eating 10 per day!

What does everyone else have so far???? I have seen tomato plants in my neighbors yards and mine are like 6 feet tall and producing and theirs are only like 3 feet!

Maybe planting early does produce early?? Fill me in how everyone else is doing!!!!

Becca

P.S. My water broke when I was watering the garden!!!We had a baby boy !!!

Comments (6)

• jel48
    16 years ago

Hi Becca. We haven't had much at all yet, but I just had to respond and tell you congratulations! That will be a garden memory that you will never forget!

• joyfulsnowflake
    16 years ago

Congratulations on the baby boy!

We have harvested all of our snow peas and are done with them. They have turned yellow in the heat and not producing much more. I am wondering if I can plant another crop soon?

All of our tomatoes are still green, but we had cucumbers and zukes. I don't have much luck with eggplant. Last year my eggplant flowered but didn't set any fruit. This year we moved them out too late. I had my baby when it was about time to moving things out, so gardening was put on hold for a while in the spring.

• windytown
    16 years ago

Things went in a little later this year as we had frost on May 20th last year. Waited until June 1st to plant this year. Our first tomato is starting to turn red.

Congrats on your new baby boy! Ours is ten now and our one and only. Cherish every moment because he'll grow as fast as your garden. :)

• rdubow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for commenting on having the baby! We have yet to take a photo next to my tomatoes that I was watering...no pun intended! But, I will get a photo standing there with him!! We had joked that I would "have him" in the garden, and with the 25 min. delivery, after I HAD to finish watering my tomatoes before going to the hospital, it almost happened! Funny!

So.....do you think that planting early has caused my fruit to set early? Do you think that the tomatoes will stop producing earlier than last year being they are started earlier? I put my plants in on about...the first of May!

Oh....I have some plants that I can not reach the top of.....should I just CUT the tops off before fruit sets up there and I need a ladder? It is rather comical!

• pumpkinpatch
    16 years ago

We have harvested all of our sno peas, I've been canning green beans the last two weeks, I have had cucumbers for almost a month now, they are soooo good!! Also have Zukes, peppers, cabbage, and just cut some broccoli last night, my cantaloupe are about the size of a softball and I have a couple of Watermeon the size of a soccer ball. I planted everything around the 2nd week of May, my tomato plants are huge too, lots of green ones on, no red ones yet....

Congratulations on your baby boy!!

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    16 years ago

Congratulations on your baby boy! We've had a couple of tomatoes, green beans, lot's of snow peas, zukes, cucumbers, (I need to go pick for canning) and 8 or 9 eggplant.