Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leaveswave

update on plants from Friends sale

leaveswave
16 years ago

I was able to find about 4/5 of what I had on my list (only 3/4 of what I was hoping they'd be offering). Prices were reasonable, IMO. Performance in the garden has been adequate but not impressive. (For the most part, plants did not have root systems as developed as I would have liked to have seen.)

Based on selection, price, and performance, I'd give the sale 3 stars (out of a possible 5).

What was your experience?

Comments (3)

• tedb_threecedarfarm
    16 years ago

I've given up on trying to put a list together before I go, that way I'm never dissapointed. Most of what I bought seems to have settled in OK. I bought annuals, a few shrubs and small perennials (2" pots etc). The small perennials aren't doing much now, but that's to be expected.

What kind of stuff did you buy?

I'd give the sale 4 stars.

Ted

• Julie
    16 years ago

For a plant sale- from a group of folks who are NOT in the business of selling plants for a living- whose profits go to teach our local children- they are doing an incredible job!
    I have really enjoyed being able to afford some of the more unusual plants that I have desired and could not find anywhere else- well- maybe sometimes, I could find them- but could not afford them!
    I do know that they are young- and time and a bit of care will be needed to see them in their full glory, sometimes years down the road, but I can see them in my own yard!
    I am ALWAYS impressed by the lists of plants available!! So much time and effort must go into finding out what MN locals want to try- sometimes zone pushing- others well known and grown in our area. It is so impressive how well they cover all areas of MN gardeners in their offerings! From Veg- to container gardeners-from tree folks- to wee rock garden folks- you name it- and it is probably there- and if not- just mention your desire on the web page and it will probably be there next year!! Who else listens so closely to your planting desires?
    And did you know- the growers for this sale are all regional growers? These plants are not shipped form California- they come from other gardeners just out side of your back door.
    I have to give this sale 5 stars out of 5- I would give it a 6 star rating out of 5, except- it is too crowded for my liking, hmmmm I must not be the only one who thinks this is a superb place to shop for my plants.......

• Kristin3
    16 years ago

I have also liked this plant sale, it is well marked and if you have a list you can find most of them. I had started a new garden and bought all of the plants in it they are all doing great it is only the second year for them but all look good. I will go back for the forth year. It is a little crowded but we are all there for the same thing right.
    Kristin