Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rubybaby43

Fence question

rubybaby43
15 years ago

Hi! I'm not sure where to post a question like this so I thought I would just ask for opinions here.

Our lot is a standard city lot (about 1/4-acre). On one side of the front yard I would like to run a fence and expand my garden up to it. This would be near the property line (we'll deal with legalities later). The other side of the front yard really does not have room for a fence to balance it out.

I am wondering how it would look if we did this on the one side. I am thinking that in order to make it work it would have to be a less noticeable fence...such as natural split-rail. It wouldn't be the focal point of that part of the yard but it would be one way to keep the neighbor from doing his "turn around" with his lawn mower in our yard.

Here are a few pics to help you see what we have to work with.

This is an angle looking toward where the fence would be. You can just make out the garden/trees that run along the side of the yard...

This is the line along which the fence would run (from the lamp post straight back)....

This is the garden that we would be expanding (with a shot of "said neighbor's mentioned above")....

I would love opinions on this idea please!

Thanks!

Kristy :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH