Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raspberry delight

Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 20:58

My solution to the first fresh raspberries and NO plain vanilla ice cream in the house...

Fresh Raspberries and chocolate covered ice cream bars:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raspberry delight

Can I come over?? YUM!
Kristy :)

o

Looks delicious. Now I want some.

Anyone go to the Rasberry Festival in Hopkins? I haven't gone since I was little. Wonder what it has now?

o

Dewey, I attended the Raspberry Festival only once. It was probably at least 10-12 years ago. I love raspberries.

THERE WERE NO RASPBERRIES!!! No, I am not kidding. There were no vendors selling fresh berries - no stands with raspberry sundaes and malts - no raspberry pies or filled cookies.

This was probably about 10 a.m. on Sunday, so things were not really hopping yet. Still, we wandered around town asking where we could buy raspberries, and were met with blank stares from people who did not seem to be able to figure why we thought we should be able to buy all this raspberry stuff. "Well, uh, check the grocery store" was the suggestion a few people made. And then a woman working in one of the collectible shops said that she thought the Dairy Queen made a raspberry malt - and they did. We each had one. It was made of a jam/type raspberry. It wasn't very good. It tasted of artificial coloring. But, it was raspberry.

Maybe check with someone who has had a more current experience. Maybe they have caught on that saying you are having a raspberry festival encourages people to think that you are celebrating the raspberry, and people may expect to be able to get some.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. It was the most disappointing "festival expereince" I have every had. Carmie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here