Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wisteria leaves

Posted by izzy58 mn4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 21:25

i have a wisteria and the bottom leaves are yellowing and falling off. does anyone know why? it gets full sun and regular water

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wisteria leaves

I have a wisteria and it still looks pretty decent, but it's not in the fullest of sun. I have NOT been diligent about watering. My first thought would be lack of water just because our weather has been so blistering hot! In doing some checking, I read that there is no need to be concerned about watering wisteria unless the leaves start wilting, interesting. They also coach against over-fertilizing, could this be the problem? One person that wrote in to an expert about a similar problem was cautioned that it sounded like the soil around it may have gotten hit by round-up or other pre-emergent herbicide. The only other thing is that all articles talk about the need to prune, which I have not done with mine yet and am kind of chicken to do it. Good luck, I hope you solve this. I've just had mine 3 or 4 years and it's beautiful when it blooms!

o
RE: wisteria leaves

Could it be too much water?? Doesn't seem likely, but what type of soil do you have? I have not watered my wisteria at all this summer and it grows on the south side of the house in a small strip of earth between the house and driveway. We are talking dry. I've pruned several times (I'm training it to grow in a particular fashion) and it has bloomed on three separate occasions so far this summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here