Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birdwing_gw

So if a picture is worth a thousand words..

birdwing
15 years ago

Please post photos of your gardens or favorite plants..now's the time right? Though I suppose it's also a busy time in the garden. I'd love to see what you're all up to! (I need to brush up on my photo posting skills but will post some of my own tomorrow..)

Comments (15)

• rubybaby43
    15 years ago

I wish I had taken a pic of this area several days ago. The lilies are starting to die out now. But I am really happy about the clematis and thrilled about the trellis. DH built it to replace the undersized ones we had for these four plants and we got it up just in the nick of time this spring.

Now if he was as handy about controlling the mosquito population I'd be all set!
    Kristy :)

• windytown
    15 years ago

I'm loving the delphiniums this year. The cool, wet spring must have been perfect for them.

• birdwing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes! thanks guys! I think this has been a strange,but good summer for alot of things that aren't necessarily at their best sometimes. Clematis and Delphiniums and I think Sweet Peas. Mine have been starting to bloom and I'm so psyched!

I'm still working on the resizing thing but will post some photos tonight..

• rubybaby43
    15 years ago

Those delphiniums are gorgeous! I lost mine to hail on Memorial Day. They are not recovering nearly as quickly as many of my other perennials. They are growing but I will be lucky if I have blooms this year. My perennials really had to start from scratch if they were on the north or west side.

I hope others share pics...I'm a pic-a-holic!

• birdwing
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So I tried and tried to figure out how to put photos within my post, even though I've done it before, I couldn't figure it out. So here's a slideshow.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden june-july 2008

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

WOW...so beautiful all! I went out to take pictures last night so I could contribute but the mosquitos sent me in, I will try again tonight when I am all sprayed up from working outside. Your pictures are inspiring, don't ya love high summer...Helen.

• Nettie
    15 years ago

So pretty. I love the orange/pink colors together Kristie>

Windytown: If your name is true then it has been a good year for delphs- they are the one of the few plants worthy of the staking challenge.

Love the slideshow BW- gorgeous cottage gardens with all my favorites.

Lynette

• rubybaby43
    15 years ago

I love the orange/pink colors together Kristie>

Thanks, Lynette! I wasn't sure how I was going to like them together. But I love them! My dad gave the lilies to me for my birthday several years ago. Ain't he sweet?

• twohuskies
    15 years ago

Here are a couple photos from my front yard. At this point the only grass out front is a small path for the mailman.

Even though I consider the garden out front a crowded mess it's still my favorite part of the yard. Often times when I'm out there working people walking by will stop and chat. I've met so many neighbors that way.

One more picture, of my favorite flower the rose, and one of my favorite roses in the garden
    Crocus Rose

• kristin_flower
    15 years ago

Two Huskies - What are the pink single flowers in the first picture? I love your Crocus rose too. Is the color closer to pink or yellow?

My favorite flower is also the rose, but right now most are taking a break or slowing down. I'm very thankful right now for my nepeta, lillies, pincushion flowers, delphinium and phlox.

{{gwi:310082}}

{{gwi:298767}}

{{gwi:308309}}
    {{gwi:285392}}

• hoghaven_duluthmn
    15 years ago

You are all way ahead of Duluth, as usual. My delphiniums should start later this week. Here's 6 Hills Giant cat mint, flax and dianthus this last week.

• dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)
    15 years ago

Aralia racemosa(?)-I call it 'Wierd thing in the woods'
    {{gwi:301834}}

Maianthemum stellatum - Starry False Solomon Seal
    {{gwi:290766}}

Solomon Seal
    {{gwi:244018}}

• twohuskies
    15 years ago

Kristen - I like what you've done with your rose bed. If I'm remembering correctly you were planning it just last year. Anyways, the single pink roses are Nearly Wild. They bloom and bloom all season long. They are generally carefree though mine do get a bit of blackspot each year. Hardiness is decent too. Crocus rose is more of a light apricot yellow. This spring they had a bit of a pink tint to them. It's one of the hardiest Austin roses I grow and I LOVE it.

• dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)
    15 years ago

Some Doll's Eye's
    {{gwi:321094}}

Blue Cohosh

• kristin_flower
    15 years ago

Two Huskies - I was thinking of trying an own root Ballerina, but Nearly Wild might be a safer bet (and probably easier to get my hands on).

Sponsored