Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
be careful of what we wish for--RAIN/

Posted by playdirt z4 MN (playdirt@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 16:16

Well we were hoping for rain--we got the rain--over 10 inches and more coming. I dug a 4 foot deep hole for the foundation of a second greenhouse--it is quite full. the swimming pool is running over--the drain area can not keep up with it. I am not sure if the plants will be over soaked or not. what a weekend we had in the south Mn. Hope all are ok. playdirt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: be careful of what we wish for--RAIN/

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 18:59

Same thing here. This is the first time I ever had a rain gauge overflow, and the sad thing is that if I had dumped it halfway through, I'm pretty sure it would have overflowed a second time. All the potted plants looked 'refreshed' on Saturday morning, and more like 'drowned' on Sunday morning. All in all, though, we're very lucky in that we don't have anything flooded like so many do right now, and we didn't get the hail that Dave and others got a week or so ago.

o
RE: be careful of what we wish for--RAIN/

We went from no rain to only rain . . . .

I grew up in southeastern Minnesota and I have a lot of family who still lives in that area. My mother lives (or lived) in a first-floor apartment in Rushford, Minnesota that totally flooded Saturday night/Sunday morning. My mother, sister and my sisters two young daughters were able to escape the flooding in the middle of the night. They are all fine. The entire town of Rushford was evacuated.

The television footage of the massive flooding of areas where I grew up, is quite unbelievable.

- Adam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here