Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2011 Fall GW Plant Swap

Posted by mnwsgal 4 Henn MN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 18:06

Summer is coming to a close and the cooler weather this week is a good time for dividing and moving plants. We are having our driveway replaced during the next two weeks and some edging will need to be removed as well.

At the spring swap I volunteered to host the fall swap. I suggest Sept. 18 with Sept. 25th as an alternative.

What to bring: plants, tubers, bulbs, etc., empty pots, magazines and books, other gardening paraphernalia, and a pot luck dish to share for a light lunch.

Procedure:

We each place the plants we brought in a separate group . Next we all go from group to group and each person tells about the plants she/he has brought. This gives us all a chance to see what is available and to learn about plants and to identify which plants we want to chose during the early rounds.

Round one each person chooses one plant (with all choosing at the same time), round two, two plants and so on.

After loading your new plants in your vehicle we will have a light potluck lunch and visiting. I no longer make coffee as have been told that this non-coffee drinker's coffee tastes terrible. If you have a big coffee pot or want coffee please bring it along.

When you post here I will send directions to my home and phone number if you can attend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2011 Fall GW Plant Swap

I can't make it on the 18th but if the alternative of the 25th happens I will be there.

o

I goofed on the dates, meant Saturdays, Sept. 17 and Sept 24.

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 10:40

We might be able to make the 24th. The most likely thing to interfere would be if grandbaby #2 for the year decides to come early, but that would be over a month early, so there's a good chance we could make it.

o

I plan to come. Is there a time for the swap? Thank you for hosting the event.

o

10 a.m. is a good time to start.

At this point I am putting out feelers about the date. Which works best for the most people, Sept. 18 or Sept. 25?

o

September 17 (or 18th) would work for me but I will be gone on the 24th. I'll plan to come if it is the earlier date.

o

I can do Sept 25th.

o

I can't make the 17th/18th but should be able to make the following weekend.

Linda

o

I will be there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here