Posted by maile-2010 4 Central MN (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 21:31

Anyone grow these in MN besides me?
LMK
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Brugmansias and Daturas

Just the 'Frosty Pink' Brugmansia, so far, and only two or three plants of it. I see others around, though.

o

bitterwort,
Do you want some differant varieties? I have over 50 differant plant species.
Jerry

o

Hey, Jerry, that's a wonderful, generous offer, and my natural inclination is to jump on it and say yes, absolutely... but I have a feeling that's why I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by gardening at the moment. ;-) I should probably pass, but I thank you kindly. I would enjoy hearing about more about one or two things that do well for you, though.

50 species? Sounds as if you have a wonderful collection! I'd gladly send you cuttings of 'Frosty Pink' if you don't have it and were looking for it (not a general offer). Is your want list up to date?

o

Hey bitterwort,
I have 'Frosty Pink', thanks for the offer.
Yes my trade list is up to date.
Jerry

o

Hi, Jerry! I cruised over to the Brugmansia forum after posting this and looked at your photos. Beautiful photos and gardens! You seem to have an enviable amount of growing space and have filled it admirably. Very nice!

I asked about your trade list only because you listed Epiphyllums in your want list. If you have a large collection of those as well, you probably have the type I have already too. It was a gift from long ago, and I never knew its name... nothing too extraordinary, sort of fuschia/red coloration, if that makes sense. I could find an image of something that looks similar (and may have an actual photo buried somewhere). But if you've been collecting those for a while, you're probably covered.

o

• Posted by RpR_ 3-4 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 23:31

I have grown the white Datura for decades.
Had a pink one but it simply go to large for the area and I have never gotten around to replacing it.

My white one reseed them selves every year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here