Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canada Thistle Field Day

Posted by nordbyc zone 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 22:52

Canada Thistle Field Day on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 from 9 am to 5 pm at the University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center near Lamberton, MN. Discover tips on using the biology of Canada thistle to your advantage. Learn about ongoing management studies. See field comparisons of the latest establishment techniques, and view cultural and herbicide technologies to manage Canada thistle in native prairies. These practices also apply to CRP native seedings, pastures, and roadside right-of-way sites! A detailed brochure is attached to link below. There is no fee to attend the Field Day but you must register by Friday, September 8, 2006 to: Jean Swanson at 612-625-2740 or e-mail (swans008@umn.edu) or contact Louanne Brooks (lsbrooks@dow.com). Please feel free to forward this information to others who may have an interest in the topic.

http://swroc.coafes.umn.edu/upcoming/2006/canthis.pdf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canada Thistle Field Day

Can you please share any information on how to erradicate this obnoxious weed. Unfortunately, I live in ND and was not able to attend. I have two weeds that have been very challenging in my flowerbeds 1) Canadian Thistle 2) Bindweed or creeping jenny. I do have one other weed that is causing me to pull my hair out but I've not yet identified it. I've tried round up and it appears as though I might be giving them a good dose of fertilizer instead of a weed killing agent, even when using the 40% strength roundup.

Do any of you have success getting rid of these two weeds?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here