Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monday Dinner

Posted by soilent_green 4b MN (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 22:53

Monday Dinner, August 06.

Charcoal- and cherry wood-grilled shish kabobs minus the skewers - I use a perforated grilling pan instead. No marinade, no seasoning - just the wonderful grilled flavor of the meat, vegetables, and fruit.

Sirloin, cantaloupe, pineapple, two kinds of peppers, cherry tomatoes, Yukon Gold potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, red onions. With the exception of the first three items, all were home grown and were harvested from the gardens an hour or so before dinner. A side dish of fresh cucumber salad rounded out the meal.

Click on either photo to see larger version.

This photo shows the pan just after I placed it on the grill:

This photo shows the pan a few minutes before I removed it from the grill:

My next grilled meal will be either cedar plank salmon or pizza.

Good summer eats.

-Tom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monday Dinner

I waited all day to get home so I could see your pictures and I wasn't disappointed. Yum! I am so close to having my own veggies to put on the grill. Picked my first ever homegrown eggplant. It was awesome.

Jodi

o

Hi Jodi,

Congrats on your first eggplant! I am curious as to how you prepared it in the meal?

You are in for a treat when your harvest kicks in - nothing tastes better or is more satisfying than eating your own home grown vegetables.

Enjoy!
-Tom

o

Tom, I just sliced it and sauted it w/a little salt and pepper. Can't wait to try it on the grill this weekend. My corn is ready, tomatoes are coming on and picked my first cabbage head. Very exciting.

Jodi

o

Yummy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here