Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Time!

Posted by soilent_green 4b MN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 23:57

The tomato season is finally going into full swing here. Am currently at the stage of harvesting more than I can eat but not enough to process. Bulk harvests should start in a week or so, allowing me to finally get the tomato canning season into gear.

-Tom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Time!

Me too! though not on your scale. I have picked about 5 small Kosovo, 1 Early Girl, and 2 Parks Whoppers. in the past two weeks. So far I can keep up with eating mine just fine :)

o

Sounds good! The beefsteaks here are taking their sweet time to ripen (one can't rush perfection), it is nice to finally have a few to enjoy. A person gets rather weary of eating cherry tomatoes for two months (not complaining of course, was glad to have them).

As best as I can recollect, the varieties in the crate are a mix of the following:

Amish Paste
Cherry Falls
Costoluto Genovese
Debarao
Earl's Faux
Early Girl
Marglobe
Polish Linguisa
Rumi Banjan
Siberian
SubArctic Plenty
Summer Fresh Hybrid

o

I am officially jealous.
Green tomatoes is all I have. Tons.. but nothing is ripening.
Maryna

o

I have picked a Stump of the World and a Kellogg's Breakfast tomato. Also a couple of Opalka and lots of Sungold and some of the early producers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here